All of Square Mile’s consultants have a wide range of project
management experience, gained over a broad range of projects throughout
the financial services industry. This experience ensures a good understanding
both of the business needs and of the critical success factors relating
We use an approach based on PRINCE, the methodology developed as
a government standard. This approach concentrates on the deliverables
of a project, focusing on their quality, as well as the monitoring,
review and control of the processes during their production.
Independent reviews of major projects have consistently identified
poor quality project management skills as a prime reason for the
failure of projects. This applies to both large and small projects.
Square Mile has in-depth experience of project management in the
wholesale, retail and investment banking industries.
Our success is based on a set of proven abilities enabling us to
- Accurately define scope and manage change
- Meet business objectives and realise measurable benefits
- Manage risks and issues
- Identify key deliverables and milestones
- Review and sign off at various stages of the project lifecycle
- Manage all project participants including business, IT and suppliers
- Select any third party services as appropriate
- Ensure effective business and IT implementation
- Manage communication of progress at steering group and project team levels
- Coach and mentor client operational and support staff